If you are in the market for a new car, you are in luck! NOW is the best time of the year to be looking! There are some great deals on “last years model” as the new 2017 models have rolled out! Besides the savings off the top, there are some killer offers like life time warrentys and trade in deals.
Here are 5 tips to help you save money when buying a new car:
- Know the Kelly Blue Book value of your trade in before going to the dealership.
- Bring your own financing. (It’s quicker if you are pre approved and ready to buy!)
- Research before you go so that you know exactly what you are wanting. Don’t settle for less then what you want.
- Negotiate the price of the new car before talking about trading in your old or financing outright.
- Buy on the last Saturday of the month! Most salesman are willing to make great deals to move vehicles!
I recommend not going to a dealership if you are in a rush or have anywhere to be. Having extra time to negotiate is key to getting a great deal and knowing exactly what you are getting. I also do not recommend taking kids with you while you shop. It’s great to take carseats to try out in the new ride, but actually trying to keep up with kids while negotiating can be frustrating for both you and the salesman. Last piece of personal advice, don’t go look unless you are ready to purchase! EVERY time I have gone to “just look” I came back with a new vehicle!
If you want a great deal, shop at Thompson Hyndi.