Oh my goodness… dreams DO come true! This past weekend I got to strap on some new New Balance running shoes, attend a short running clinic that was packed full of great info, and I got to runDisney! What does this mean? I RAN THRU Disneyland! This was an amazing experience! If you think walking thru is emotional, try running thru. Especially when the park was empty and you could really see everything. I got to run thru Downtown Disneyland, thru the Castle, and then thru California Adventure. It was awesome! I would love to do this run, daily!! (I am in the middle of the pict right at the back of Lightening McQueen!) I have done a lot of runs and this one was truly the most MAGICAL of them all. Just something about running all thru the Happiest Place on Earth that makes it seem all too perfect! Our run ended in Carsland and we got to play with our families there for a few hours BEFORE it was open to the public! Such a special treat! (More to come about Carsland soon!)
runDisney has a select number of events each year. Here is a list of their upcoming runs:
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend January 7-11, 2015
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend May 7-10, 2015
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals February 19-22, 2015
- Expedition Everest Challenge May 3, 2014
- Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend August 28-31, 2014
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend October 3-4, 2014
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend November 7-8, 2014
- Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend November 14-16, 2014
You can read more here about these runs and how to get signed up. They sell out super quickly!
For this run, I was given a pair of awesomely comfy New Balance running shoes. (As pictured above here!) I got the purples ones and my friend Jennifer got the ones on the right. LOVE these shoes! Here are what the special edition runDisney shoes look like! I LOVE the pink ones!
This was a bucket list item for me. I am so blessed to have been given this opportunity, the comfy shoes and most of all the memories! A HUGE thanks to Disney Social Media Moms Conference for helping make this dream come true for me!