The Dallas’ Hilton Anatole has tons going this month! Check out the following list of “Sparkle!” Holiday Events:
They have one million Christmas lights, an outdoor skating rink, live entertainment and drop-ins from local celebrities from the Dallas Stars and Dallas Zoo are only part of the nearly five-week spectacular at the local Dallas hotel.
These activities will continue through New Year until Saturday, Jan. 4. A portion of the proceeds from “Sparkle!” will benefit the Mike Modano Foundation, which helps children in need of social, medical, educational or protective services.
Christmas at the Anatole is free to patrons, while “Sparkle!” charges a nominal fee for guests to enjoy the activities. For admission to the park, it is $9 for adults 18 and older; $7 for children ages 7 to 17; and is free of charge for those who are 6 and younger.
“Sparkle!” Activities and Attractions:
· Outdoor Skating Rink: The skating rink is designed to resemble a small town pond, and will be open to skaters of all ages and skill levels. The rink will be open daily, check ChristmasattheAnatole.com for hours. Skate rental is $6. On Fridays, couples can come out for a special “Date Night-Skate Night” and enjoy a night of skating, music, wine and hors d’oeuvres. In addition, Dallas Stars will offer hockey clinics and make appearances Dec. 14, 21 and 28.
· Live Nightly Musical Performances: Every evening, enjoy live outdoor entertainment from bands such as Dallas Electric String Quartet and Lone Star Attitude. Guests can also expect performances from Turtle Creek Chorale, the Dallas Black Dance Theatre and shows by Texas-area school choirs.
· “Paper for Water” Origami Lessons: Founders of “Paper for Water,” Isabelle and Katherine, ages 9 and 7, respectively, will conduct origami ornament lessons. For each ornament purchased from “Paper for Water,” 100 percent of the proceeds go directly toward Living Water International to build clean water sources in third world countries.
· Special Holiday Guests from the Dallas Zoo: The Dallas Zoo will bring by a few of their favorite animals, including penguins and baby cheetahs, to visit “Sparkle!” on select Sundays from 3-4 p.m.
· Bark in the Park: Sunday, Dec. 15, and Sunday, Dec. 29, dog owners can bring their four-legged friend from 1-4 p.m. to strut their stuff at “Sparkle!” and participate in a pet costume contest. Winners will receive a weekend stay at the Anatole and homemade pet treats will be available for purchase.
Additional “Sparkle” Attractions: “Movie Mondays” featuring holiday movie favorites; “Football Sundays” where Cowboys games will air in the outdoor park; a Candyland Bounce House and homemade holiday treats. Guests can take a little bit of “Sparkle!” home with them with this year’s themed ornament and stuffed teddy bear available for purchase.
Christmas at the Anatole Activities and Attractions:
· World-class Christmas Décor: The Hilton Anatole will be transformed into a winter wonderland and include a life-size Santa’s Workshop complete with elves; reindeer barn; the tallest nutcracker in Texas towering more than 40 feet; an old-fashion running train; life-size gingerbread house and Christmas trees and wreaths.
· Le Theatre De Marionette: New this year to Christmas at the Anatole, the hotel will host more than 40 performances of “The Little Drummer Boy” throughout the season, featuring life-size holiday-themed marionettes. Priced at $15 for children, $18 for adults.
· Breakfast with Santa: Santa will make guest appearances on Saturdays and visitors are invited to get their picture taken as well as enjoy a hearty breakfast with him in the Anatole’s atrium.
Holiday Guest Packages:
In addition, The Anatole is offering special guest packages during the holidays:
· Deluxe “Sparkle!” Hotel Package: Starting at $109, guests can enjoy a night’s stay at the Anatole, breakfast for four and four complimentary tickets to Sparkle. The hotel will also provide free parking and internet.
· Super “Sparkle!” Hotel Package: Starting at $139, guests enjoy everything that the Deluxe “Sparkle!” Package has to offer as well as admission to the The Verandah Health Club, skate rental for four and a commemorative “Sparkle!” ornament.
· Head to Mistle-toes: At $343, guests can enjoy a Hot Stone Massage and Classic Facial, as well as a V-Spa Manicure and Pedicure.
· Sugar’n Spice: At $254, partake in a Vino-Therapy Massage and Custom Facial.
· Polar Express: At $154, this package includes an Express Massage, Express Facial and Express Manicure or Pedicure.
· Pre-Party Pampering: At $124, delight in an Express Massage or Express Facial, as well as an Express Manicure and Pedicure.