- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and Pumpkin extract. Mix flour and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. wide and 1/8 in. thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. If you want to do drop cookies (which is what I did), just place on cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
My friend, Christie, found the Pumpkin Spice Extract at Ross, but you can find it online here.
Check out the other Fall Pumpkin Palooza Recipes in this YUMMY series!
I have a Pumpkin themed board on Pinterest and will be adding these to my board. If you too are a Pumpkin lover, you might want to follow that board to see all of the yummy eats and treats!