Help you kiddo get a letter from Santa…addressed to them that comes via snail mail! Here is how to get yours:
1. Write a letter to your child from Santa Claus and sign it “From Santa.”
2. Insert the letter into an envelope addressed to your child with the return address:
SANTA, NORTH POLE.
3. Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
4. Place the envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address the larger envelope to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
5. Your letter “From Santa” will be mailed back to your child, postmarked from the North Pole.
“Letters From Santa” must be mailed to the Anchorage, AK, postmaster no later than Dec. 10, 2012. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage will take care of the rest.
The personalized letters that parents send to their children via the “Letters From Santa” program is different from the historical “Operation Santa” program. In “Operation Santa,” the Postal Service facilitates the matching of customers with letters written to Santa from needy children. Participants in “Operation Santa” help fulfill a child’s dream with a gift and a response letter from Santa. (Customers are not provided the child’s address in the “Operation Santa” program.) The “Letters From Santa” program helps parents fulfill the dreams of their own children.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.